Characteristics and benefits of olive oil from Sicily
Buying olive oil from Sicily is the ideal solution for enjoying one of the typical flavours of Mediterranean cuisine. Olive oil is one of the most widely used condiments in Italian cuisine. Its benefits are numerous, for example it is considered the best of all fats, as chemical processes and the use of industrial means are completely excluded in its production process. In more detail, the main benefits of olive oil are:
– Prevention of cardiovascular diseases: it contains monounsaturated fats, which are particularly useful in the prevention of cardiovascular disorders
– Antioxidant properties: it contains polyphenols, natural antioxidants that are very useful in protecting cell membranes and preventing cancer
– Fights diabetes: thanks to its fatty acids, it contributes to the production of insulin. According to a recent study, the main component for reducing glucose levels after a meal is oleuropein
– Lowers blood pressure: the polyphenols contained in extra virgin olive oil have the ability to reduce blood pressure, thanks also to its anti-inflammatory properties
– Hydrates the skin: the least known benefit of extra virgin olive oil is that it makes the skin stronger, moisturises and prevents wrinkles. When used in the form of a mask or compress, it has a regenerating effect on our skin.
Where to buy it
For buy olive oil from Sicily, you can rely on the professionalism of Oleificio Trainito, which has been a benchmark in the sector since 1720. It is the leading Italian mill in the production and export of olive oil worldwide. The olives, only of the best quality, undergo a rigorous production process. The olive oil is cold-pressed and is available in different flavours to satisfy all tastes, even the most refined palates. Oil is superior quality anche pesticide-free. It is favoured for its rich natural flavour.